Coronavirus Update – April 24, 2020

/Coronavirus Update – April 24, 2020

Coronavirus Update – April 24, 2020

By | 2020-04-24T13:58:21-06:00 April 24th, 2020|Feature, General, News, Tips & Guides|0 Comments


With the release of Governor Jarod Polis’ Safer At Home guidelines, we have been faced with the tough decision of how to proceed with CannaVenture events while practicing safe social distancing and avoiding unnecessary travel and social events. It is with a heavy heart that we are announcing that all CannaVenture events for May will be postponed until a later date. 

This is an unprecedented time for all of us, and we want to make sure that we help keep our communities safe and prevent further spread caused by larger social gatherings. While we know that we could continue to host hikes with 10 people or less, these restrictions would hamper efforts to welcome a diverse group of people, making it hard to truly come together in the great outdoors as we have previously done.

Our Tennessee hikes for May have been cancelled. More information will be released surrounding future events at a later date. As of now, the September Hemp Hike will take place so long as it is safe and legal to host.

Our Colorado May Hike with Smokin’ Gun at Mount Galbraith will be rescheduled for a later date this season. Our CO season opener will be our June hike so long as restrictions allow. We appreciate the continued support of our sponsors during these times.

Among the toughest decisions we have had to make was the decision on how to proceed with Discs-n-Dabs® 2020. As many of you know, the event has been in production for months, and we have filled more than half of the team spots, gotten plenty of sponsors on board, and been pushing for optimism that would allow us to host the event at the end of May and reopen social gatherings together. Unfortunately, due to the restrictions on gatherings of 10 people or less, we will not be able to host the event as planned on Memorial Day Weekend. The fourth annual Discs-n-Dabs® tournament and campout has been rescheduled for Labor Day Weekend (September 4th-7th, 2020). This will allow us to have four days when many people have a four day weekend, and ensure that any restrictions on gatherings and health guidances have time to reduce and contain future spread of the virus.

We know that many of you travel from out of state for our events, and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause which is why we wanted to give you as much notice as possible. Please know that we are working through these uncertain times with the event industry as well and appreciate your understanding. All team invites that have been confirmed or requested will be applied towards the new dates of the event. If you have a confirmed invite, you are confirmed to attend Discs-n-Dabs 2020 in September; if you have requested an invite but not yet confirmed, know that the invite is now for the September dates.

Lastly, as we have moved our biggest tournament of the year to September, we will not be hosting our Fall Classic at the end of September. We know that once the restrictions have been lifted, there will be countless tournaments attempting to be held concurrently, and we want to give you the chance to enjoy other tournaments besides ours.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us on social, reply to our email newsletters, or send us a message on our websites ( &

Stay safe. Stay healthy. Prevent the spread.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ben Owens
Founder and National Crew Leader


Updated: 4/27/20

Leave A Comment